lunes, 19 de mayo de 2008

In the middle of the night

Ticuantepe
2007


I fear the day for it cut off my wings
it melted and thwarted away all my dreams
in a puddle of mud it put me today
wishing and hoping death come my way

I wait for the night
so dark and so bright
it's all that I need
for the pain to recede.
The air comes out
but not back in
my chest is heavy
i slip into a dream.

I remember being young
restless and dumb
just wanting to be
things no one can see

A beautiful boy
with wings and a toy
soaring the skies.

It wasnt a lie.
Bottled inside me
is still the little boy
which one summer night
went out for a stroll.

Then thunder struck.

The day came so fast
i couldnt go home
my wings melted in the undying sun.

But I sit and I wait
for the shimmering light
I hope it's not too late
for the moon to shine bright.

I wait for the night
so dark and so bright
its all that i need
for the pain to recede.

No hay comentarios: